Thursday, June 27, 2013

A quick AZ moment.

So here's the thing.  The last week or so I've embarked on a pretty major tour through the West.  Specifically Denver, Santa Fe and Phoenix.  During that week there's been some minor sampling of beer.  And by minor, I mean I've been enough places I think I can keep this blog regularly updated during the off-season.

Trouble is, I'm still in the middle of it.  So just a quick entry today where I say high to and old friend.  

Four Peaks Brewing was featured in post número uno of this blog.  I stopped by there a couple years ago, drank some beer, and it felt like a good time to check up with them.

Short Hop Session IPA:  This was their seasonal beer this time around.    Light citrus hop aroma here.  Built as a lighter beer for summer with a little extra kick.  Lots of hop flavor here but it remains very drinkable.

Hefeweizen:  Very pale cloudy beer.  Slight lemon tropical fruit aroma.  The combination of tropical fruit and lemon is a bit odd, but not unpleasant.  The citrus adds a refreshing touch.

Kilt Lifter: Light aroma.  Heavy malty beer with burbon oak cherry flavors.  No hops to speak of.  A malt bomb, but pretty good, though I can't see myself having more then a few of these.

Like I said, lots to get through over the next few weeks.  Until then, cheers!


Short Hop IPA

No comments:

Post a Comment