Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Black Swan Theory: Part 2

OI try not to visit the same place very often for pretty obvious reasons.   Here's the thing, when a group of co-workers and the boss ask for a good brewery to find food and a pint of celebration, it's best to stick to a place you know.  I was in Indianapolis so it was back to the Black Swan.

So instead of a huge, long post about this little gem on the outskirts of Indianapolis this will be a little update with a couple of the beers that either weren't available or I just didn't get to for some reason.

Cascade Double Pale: Starts off with a sweet, citrus hop aroma.  The flavor is very bitter.  The malt bill is enough to stand up to it for the most part.  I feel like I'm losing some of the subtler flavors underneath the weight of a hop kick to the back of the throat.  Makes me wonder where exactly that line between and IPA and a pale ale lies when it comes to style variations like a double, but overall a very pleasant beer.  It's surprisingly drinkable given the dose of malt and hops.

RubyAle: This is a malty amber ale.  Wonderful sweet, fruity aroma.  I picked up a little cherry and a little apple in there.  Very malty with caramel and cherry notes. Slightly dry on the finish.   Very good, malty session ale.

Very short, like I said, but I'll be back next week reporting from the city of Pittsburgh.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment